Tips to Slow the Aging Process
September 8, 2021
- Eat a varied and healthy diet. Be sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Drink lots of fluids to maintain healthy skin and flush out waste.
- Keep moving. Exercise strengthens muscles and bones and improves digestion, circulation, and appetite.
- Seek prompt medical care when you’re ill or injured. Listen to your body and take care of any little problems before they become bigger and complex.
- Use sunscreen to prevent sunburn. One of the most significant factors contributing to aging is chronic inflammation of the skin.
- Quit smoking and avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking has very damaging effects and increases your risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Manage stress. Take time to unwind every day to relieve stress. Try meditation or other relaxation methods.
- Keep strong relationships. Maintaining close ties to your family and friends are important to healthy aging.